The chicken salad veronique offers a twist on the traditional chicken salad with the grape-pecan chicken salad over Texas field greens, avocado, grilled carrots and yellow squash tossed in a champagne-chive Dijon vinaigrette and garnished with fried onions.
- 4 ½ ounces chicken salad
- ¼ cup grapes, cut in half
- 1 ½ ounces field greens (spring mix)
- ¼ large carrot, grilled
- ¼ yellow squash, grilled
- 1 avocado, fanned
- 1 fried onion
- 3 ounces champagne
- 1 ounce olive oil
- Pinch of chopped chives (to taste)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Fried Onion Ingredients
- ¼ onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- Season flour (salt, pepper, and granulated garlic)
Fried Onion Directions
- Slice ¼ of an onion into thin slices.
- Marinate onion slices in Worcestershire sauce for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Dip onion slices in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, and granulated garlic). Shake off excess flour and fry. Place on top of Veronique salad.
Plating Veronique Salad
- Slice carrots and yellow squash and rub with butter, salt and pepper. Grill until tender. Place grilled vegetables on plate in a circular pattern.
- Combine dressing ingredients and toss vinaigrette with field greens. Place field greens salad atop grilled vegetables.
- Mix ¼ cup grapes with chicken salad. Place Veronique chicken salad atop the field greens salad.
- Garnish with fanned avocado and fried onion.